Canton Online


Create Real Change

You have the power to make a real difference in support of SUNY Canton.

How to Give

Click here to make your gift online.

You can give all at once, or make your gift monthly - it's like taking Canton out for lunch every month!

Make your gift over the phone: (315)-386-7127 or 1-(800)-811-6727.

Send your gift in the mail: Canton College Foundation, 34 Cornell Drive, Canton, NY 13617 (Please make checks payable to Canton College Foundation)

Employees: Make a payroll deduction, click here and return the completed form to, or in person at French Hall.

What to Give

Gift of cash

The easiest and most straightforward way of making a gift to SUNY Canton is through a gift of cash or check.

Does your company have a matching gift program? Please contact us or your company’s human resources office for more information.

Gift of Stock or Securities

Avoid paying capital gains taxes while also qualifying for a charitable income tax deduction. Contact your financial advisor to learn more about how this type of gift can help you. We ask that you coordinate with our office before making a gift of stock so we can provide DTC instructions and ensure your gift is received and allocated properly.

Gift of personal property

This can take many forms, including valuable property such as antiques, art, patents, copyrights, collectibles, or historical collections. You may also make a gift that is directly intended for educational purposes, like lab equipment, supplies, or technology. Your gift may be deductible for up to the full market value. Gifts in excess of $5,000 require a certified appraisal to establish the value of the gift. Contact us to learn more about how your gift of personal property can help the Foundation’s mission to serve SUNY Canton.

In-Kind Donation Form

Deferred Gifts

A Planned Gift in your will or a life-income gift can have a transformative impact on SUNY Canton while providing you income or helping you plan your estate. The Canton College Foundation offers charitable trusts and charitable gift annuities, as well as resources to help you plan your estate. For more information about estate planning and life income gifts, please visit our planned giving page.

IRA Rollover

If you 70½ or older, the IRS may require you to withdraw a certain amount from your IRA each year, called your Required Minimum Distribution, or RMD. The income you receive from your RMD is taxable and may even force you into a higher tax bracket.

Fortunately, you are able to make a gift directly from your IRA to charity - including the Canton College Foundation. This will allow you to satisfy your annual RMD, fulfill your philanthropic plans, and avoid an increase in taxable income.

Please contact Geoffrey VanderWoude, Senior Director of Development, at or 315-386-7444 for more information on these legacy planning options.

Contact Us

Do you have questions about how to make a gift? We’re here to help!

Please call us at: 1-315-386-7127 or toll free at 1-800-811-6727

Or email us at:

SUNY Canton
College Foundation

34 Cornell Drive
Canton, NY 13617
Phone: 315-386-7127

Fax: 315-386-7995